St Mary's is known for many things, but one of the things we are really known for is bikes. St Mary's has a large number of students who ride to school. All students go through a Bike Education program at the school.
Our students ride to the Beach program at Williamstown beach as they learn Beach Safety skills from the Surf Life savers.
Sustainablility is very important at our school and we try to teach our students responsible practices.
Some of our sustainability practices include
- Collection of recyclable products
- Rain water tanks to supply the school toilets
- Sustainability topics in our Curriculum.
- Working with the local council on a traffic plan to increase the numbers of students walking and riding to school.
- Garden Program
- Environmental Club for students.